02 June 2006

In what wild wilderness will You
leave me to weep, waiting for some sign
that what I seek
is already mine, unseen?

I have given all to You to take, use,
keep safe, bring brightly home, and every
burn and ache I vowed
to bear for You alone, for Love's sake.

But all appears empty now, and gray,
and my greatest fear here is at the end
of the day I am only
me alone and exerting nothing.

The delight of desire dampened
to vague trust, the former fire
dulled to ash and every breath
that once was prayer is now
just dust, lifeless air.

Is this the lowliness of love, the way
that is no way at all, the weird
half-dark before loneliness is at last
pure enough to be lit with
the deep lightnings of God?

When will fire again flash in this
vast uninteresting landscape in me
where You promised to
pitch Your tent,
to delight in dwelling?

Or at least, when will you again at last
let my shoulder feel
the weight of the cross, my arms measure
the circumference of rough wood, my hands know
the consolation of its splinters,
my heart
the rending of pure love?

5 Comments:

Blogger Bill Gnade said...

KathrynTherese,

How lovely, how wonderful. Thank you for sharing yourself, your faith, your God. I appreciate it immensely.

Peace, always.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:13:00 AM  
Blogger KathrynTherese said...

Thank you for taking the time to comment. And keep up your own positive blogging - a refreshing change from the self-absorbed nihilism out there.

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:55:00 AM  
Blogger Bill Gnade said...

Dear Kathryn Therese,

I am glad that you found my little blog, Peace and Mirth, positive and refreshing. I am not sure where I am going to go with that "ministry." But I started it in part to secure some anonymity, since my daily (nearly) blog is, at times, controversial.

Anyway, that is more than you wanted to know, I am sure. But you have something wonderful here. Thanks--again--for sharing yourself.

Peace,

BG (aka Gimli's Friend)

Sunday, June 11, 2006 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger KathrynTherese said...

Yes, there is hope out there, and listening to voices of those who still think and believe and can express their thoughts and beliefs encourages me to continue the dialogue.

All we can do is hold out truth - it is up to others to choose to hear it, step into its flow, embrace it.

Keep thinking, believing, and writing!

Pax et bonum.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger KathrynTherese said...

Welcome, ccheryl, and thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. I am always happy to see another Carmelite holding out truth, and I am always encouraged by the gratitude of others.

BTW, my two oldest play violin - I play the guitar while they fiddle, because strumming is the extent of my musical ability :-/

I hope to hear from you again!

Monday, June 19, 2006 10:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home