23 December 2006


Wishing you a blessed Christmas!

Well, the whirlwind weekend of joyous activity has begun. I leave you with prayers and wishes for a grace-filled Christmas and a peaceful New Year. And this little poem:

Bethlehem is the “House of Bread”

My King was born in a stable,
And that is outrageous enough;
But then He was placed in a manger –
An animals’ feeding trough.

The beasts don’t seem to have minded
That He rested atop their feed;
Nor could they have known
that He’d later announce:
“My Flesh is Food indeed!”

2 Comments:

Blogger Gabrielle said...

Ah yes, our Holy Eucharist, born in a town named "House of Bread". I'll never forget my amazement when I found out that was the meaning of Bethlehem.

Merry Christmas, kt. Thanks for sharing this poem.

Sunday, December 24, 2006 2:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas KT!

Sunday, December 24, 2006 5:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home